Initial Term: _______ Weeks From _______________ Through ____________
Session Day: _____________ Session Time: ____________
Duration: 60 minutes
In coaching, the Coach (Lois Melkonian) partners with the Client (______________________) in a thought-provoking and creative process that inspires the Client to maximize his/her personal and professional potential. Coaching is designed to facilitate the Client’s creation/identification of personal, professional, and/or business goals. The Coach supports and assists the Client to develop strategies and plans to achieve those goals.
The Client understands and agrees to the following statements:
- As the Client, I understand and agree that I am fully responsible for my physical, mental and emotional well-being during my coaching meetings – including my choices and decisions. I can choose to discontinue coaching at any time.
- As the Client, I understand that coaching is a comprehensive process that may involve all areas of my life, including work, finances, health, relationships, education and recreation. I acknowledge that deciding how to handle these issues, incorporate coaching into those areas and implement my choices is exclusively my responsibility. As such, I agree that the Coach is not liable or responsible for any actions or inaction, or for any direct or indirect results.
- As the Client, I understand that coaching does not involve the diagnosis or treatment of mental disorders as defined by the American Psychiatric Association. I understand that coaching is not a substitute for counseling, psychotherapy, psychoanalysis, mental health care or substance abuse treatment and I will not use it in place of any form of diagnosis, treatment or therapy. If I am currently receiving services from a mental health professional, I understand it is recommended I inform them about this coaching plan and discuss relevant implications.
- As the Client, I understand that coaching is not to be used as a substitute for professional advice by legal, medical, financial, business, spiritual or other qualified professionals. I will seek independent professional guidance for legal, medical, financial, business, spiritual or other matters. I understand that all decisions in these areas are exclusively mine and I acknowledge that my decisions and my actions regarding them are my sole responsibility.
- As your Coach, I will not disclose the content of the coaching sessions, unless you (in writing) authorize me to disclose information or I am required to make a disclosure pursuant to law and/or court order. I may speak vaguely about the content for the purpose of receiving mentor coaching to further my coaching skills.
- As the Client, I agree to have my sessions recorded with advance notice. These recorded sessions may be used by the Coach for training and credentialing purposes for the International Coaching Federation (ICF.)
- If coaching sessions need to be rescheduled, we both agree to provide the other with at least 24 hours’ notice or as soon as reasonably possible. If necessary to fulfill the goal(s) of the Client, we may mutually agree to additional coaching sessions.
I have read and agree to the above.
Client Signature _______________________________________________